Wildflowers and Wagon Wheels ~ August 27-29, 2021!
Tournament of the Inland Empire 2021 - August 7th & 8th
Do you have a kid that needs community service hours for graduation? Is your group looking for a way to give back to the community? We have some easy projects around the grounds to get ready for all of our events. Some of the things we need help with include:
* Staining 3 sets of bleachers at the arena
* Weed pulling, tree trimming
If you have time and can help out please call 276-2444 for details.
Everything that happens at the fairgrounds is done through the donation of time and sweat of volunteers. This year, we once again need to ask people to step up and help around the grounds and for the fair. Here are some things we need help with:
* Watering Crew - There is a lot of grass out there - we need people to go to the grounds in the morning and turn on the water sprinklers - that's it just turn the water on. We also need people to go out mid-day to turn off those sprinklers, move them to a different location and turn them on again. We water the grounds in the heat daily, so we need some help to ensure the grounds look great for the fair, the rodeo and all the weddings that occur on our grounds.
* Mowing & Weed Eating - Grass and buildings means mowing and weed eating, we need people to help weed eat or pull weeds from the flower beds. You can come out in the morning or the evening for a couple of hours a day, a week or a month - we just need help with the upkeep.
* Green Barn Monitors - The Green Barn hosts our textiles, projects, displays, photography and cooking divisions. There are a lot of hand made items in the barn that need someone to watch over them during the fair to ensure they don't get damaged or lost. We need people to volunteer for a day or a few hours whatever works for your schedule August 27, 28 and 29th to just hang out in the green barn and watch over the exhibits - chairs are available.
If you can help with the grounds work please contact Dwayne at 509.276.5136 and he will walk you through what needs to be done. For Green Barn volunteers, please contact Meeghan Ware at 509.710.1601 and she can tell you all about this opportunity.
The next time you come to the grounds, check out our new ticket booth and entrance sign. Our volunteers have been busy in the past year moving and updating the entrance to the fairgrounds. We strive to keep our agricultural roots alive and well in the Clayton & Deer Park area. If you would like to help us in that mission, we are always looking for volunteers.
Clayton Pro West Rodeo
Thank you to everyone that came out for the rodeo, your gate fee helps fund the fair premiums paid to our exhibitors during the fair. A special thank you to the rodeo sponsors and of course the volunteers that do everything from collecting money, collecting trash, maintaining the beer garden, running and helping competitors and spectators with parking. We could not hold the rodeo without these sponsors and volunteers, so once again - Thank you!!
2022 Fair Royalty
Have you ever considered becoming a member of the fair royalty? You get to represent the CCF at local events and let people know about our fair. If you are currently in the 8th - 11th grade and would like to be a part of history, please fill out and return the Royalty Application found in the FairBook or on the forms page.
Horse Department Council Volunteers Needed
Running all the horse related events at the fair is a big job, we thank Naomi for her diligence and hard work the last few years. But with everything that has to be done, we are looking for volunteers to be a part of a Horse Department Council. The members of this group would be responsible for coordinating and running the horse department during the fair. For more details and to volunteer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all 2020 Seniors! It's time to get your application from the fairbook and get it turned in to be considered for our annual scholarship. You have to have exhibited at the CCF at least once, please check the application for more details.
Let's face it, the holidays are over but it is still easier to shop online and have things shipped to home. While your staying from the craziness of our world, make sure you go to smile.amazon.com and select the Clayton Community Fair as your designated charity. Every time you shop, Amazon sends us a little cash. It may not sound like a lot but every penny helps and all you have to do is make sure you shop at smile.amazon.com not amazon.com...don't worry, once you set us as your charity, Amazon will ask if you want to complete the purchase under smile.amazon.com.
Fair Sponsorships Available
Would you like to see your business or family name on one of our buildings? For $300 you will get 4 tickets to the fair, a booth/awning space at your fair location to advertise your business and you can put a sign/banner on the building you are sponsoring. The money from your sponsorship will stay with the building you select to make improvements in that area of the fair. Click here for the form and advertise your business while helping us make things better for our exhibitors.
We need your help!
The fair is 100% volunteer ran and we need some help with administrative tasks and/or help during the week of the fair watching over the entries. If you have a few hours or a day to help please contact us!