Wildflowers and Wagon Wheels ~ August 27-29, 2021!
Fairbook Cover Submissions Needed
The Clayton Community Fair would like to invite all youth up to age 19 to compete in the 2021 Fair Book Cover Design Contest. The theme for 2021 is “Wildflowers & Wagon Wheels”.
First Place in the contest shall receive a check for $25.00 plus their design on the front cover of the 2021 Fair book with their name.
Second Place will receive $10.00.
1. All entries must be an original drawing created by the Exhibitor.
2. Size must be 7 1/4 x 9 3/4. Please measure your work from side to side top to bottom. This is smaller than a regular piece of paper.
3. The design should include the following:
(1) Clayton Community Fair
(2) Dates of the 2021(include the year) Fair is August 27, 28, 29, 2021
(3) Junior Livestock Sale. with date and time. (Sale is 3pm on Saturday the 28, 2021)
(4) Entries need to be in a document protector. You can mail an unfolded copy to us at PO Box 449 Clayton, WA 99110
4. Drawings entered must include Exhibitor’s name, address, phone number and age. This information to be printed on the back of the drawing.
5. Please follow these rules exactly, as any variances may cause disqualification.
We would love to announce our 2021 cover after the October meeting, so get your submissions in before Oct 27th.
Support CCF while you shop!
Have you ever wondered how in your busy, busy life you can help the fair? You know that we always ask for volunteers but you just can't make it happen in your schedule. Well, the good news is as you start to shop for the holidays you can help the fair at the same time! And, it's easy! It may take all of 5 mins to set it up and then whenever you shop....you help the fair with money!
Smile.amazon.com you know you use Amazon and while you may get as much as you can locally to help our economy, the reality is somethings you have to go the web for. However, if you go to smile.amazon.com and select the Clayton Community Fair, every time you make a purchase no matter from whom or where, Amazon gives the fair 5% of your purchase price. Yep, take some cash from Jeff Bezos and send it to the fair. It may not sound like much but on $100 the fair gets $5. Now think about how much you, your family and your friends spend on Amazon each year...that is a lot of cash to help us make improvements or pass that cash on to the winners.
But what! There's more! If you shop at Yokes, you can go to the customer service desk and as for the community support form or its on this page. Fill it out, turn it in at the customer service desk and they give you a card. Whenever you shop at Yokes, show them the card and again 5% of your purchase comes back to the fair.
And you thought you didn't have time to help the fair. When you can help us in one of the most important ways after 2020, by swiping a card at Yokes or going to smile.amazon.com when you shop online. Also, a huge thank you to Yokes for their continued support and making this all possible.
Fall A Time To Take Stock
The days are getting shorter and cooler which means fall is here. Like everything this year, fall is a bit different without volleyball and football games to attend. But fall has always been a favorite season as you start to slow down after the busy summer months. My grandfather always said that fall was the time to prepare for spring.
For many of our exhibitors, his statement is very true. Yes it is...here is how:
* Gardeners - the garden is coming to an end, time to harvest, can and clean up this years plant matter. Time to mulch and turn soil or clean, sharpen and oil much loved tools and store them for the winter. Also, time to do some transplanting, trimming and fall fertilizing. Don't forget the greenhouse, its a lot easier to get ready for spring planting before that white stuff is covering the ground.
* Sewing - this is my favorite time of the year for sewing, cuddly blankets or perfecting skills while making Christmas presents! Fall is the time to look at the people you want to give to, the stock you have on hand and the projects you want to try...combine them for a memorable holiday season. But now is the time to plan. Also, this year especially, don't forget those in need. Talk to the local shelters and food pantries, they may be able to give you a list of things like blankets, throws, mittens, scarves that people in our community could use this winter.
* Chickens & Rabbits - are your pens ready for winter and the predators that will try to get in? How about winter water, do you have your heaters ready? Do you need that heat bulb..did it burn out last year? Do you have bedding material for those long cold winter days and nights?
*Livestock & horse people - well, time to plan for next year's project and figure out where you will get your next animal. But more importantly, tack - though you may not have used it to show this year, its setting in the barn. Fall is a great time to pull out all the tack...does it need repaired? replaced? Does the leather need a good leather soap cleaning and oiling...then coiled nicely and stored so it looks amazing for the next show? How about that saddle...when is the last time you inspected it, cleaned it, oiled it..leather will last a very long time if you care for it. Also, grandma will be calling soon wanting to know what you want for Christmas, so is there something that needs replaced or something you would like to have? Maybe even if she just sews you some bags to put tack in or a cover for that saddle so in spring it won't be all dusty?!?
* Cooking - what is fall and the upcoming holiday season without cooking? Now is the time to take stock of what you have, what you want to try and start trying out recipes. You only have 11 months before you need to have cake decorating or the perfect cookie perfected...start baking!!
Like everything else in 2020, fall will be different but use the time to prepare for spring....and grandma's Christmas list!
Fair Sponsorships Available
Would you like to see your business or family name on one of our buildings? For $300 you will get 4 tickets to the fair, a booth/awning space at your fair location to advertise your business and you can put a sign/banner on the building you are sponsoring. The money from your sponsorship will stay with the building you select to make improvements in that area of the fair. Click here for the form and advertise your business while helping us make things better for our exhibitors.
We need your help!
The fair is 100% volunteer ran and we need some help with administrative tasks and/or help during the week of the fair watching over the entries. If you have a few hours or a day to help please contact us!